Saturday, April 2, 2011

Barnyard Birthday Party


Hi Everyone!
Thank you for being patient while the site was being updated. I hope you like the new design!
It sure was a busy weekend at Live Smile Celebrate! I created a barnyard party for my nephew who turns 2 this weekend. My sister just added another addition to her family, so I took over the entire party while she tended to her new baby boy. {who by the way is so precious}
The party was held at Peekaboo Children's Center in Maine. The center is an indoor play area for children, and is a great location for a party.

For the table, I used a checkered fabric to cover the table to give it a
farm feel. Each place setting had two square plates which I layered, with a sticker on the top plate. The silverware was wrapped in a holder, and placed with a crisscrossed folk and spoon. Each child was also given a regular or chocolate milk. Lastly, each chair had a cowboy hat for each child. The kids were loving the hats! It was so cute.
I created a small cake for the birthday boy to have for his special day. I created a fondant sheep topper which I've seen around the Internet. Instead of using all fondant, I cut mini marshmallows to make his body. I also made cupcakes which each had a cupcake topper.
For the dessert table, I used a polka dot backdrop with a Happy Birthday Banner. I also made look a like Silos for each end of the table.

I used Ribbon to tie around the tops of water bottles to give them an extra touch. The milk bottles were adorable. I think they really completed the look of the party.

Animal crackers and marshmallow pops were on the dessert table!
The food was kept simple and appropriate for 2 year olds. We had an assortment of peanut butter, jelly, and fluff sandwiches. My sister Nicole of Chocolate Reasoning helped make and created the packaging for the sandwiches. I love how she made them! They looked like little presents. The sandwiches were made, then wrapped in press and seal wrap, and finally wrapped in paper with a sticker label of what each sandwich was. Also served was animal crackers and goldfish crackers.

We also had regular milk, chocolate milk, and water with lemon for the adult guests.

Guests were each given a barnyard filled with little animals for their favor. Overall, the party was such a great time. The birthday boy sure had a blast!

Printables: Stockberry Studio
Styling: Live Smile Celebrate
Cake, Cupcakes, & Marshmallow Pops: Live Smile Celebrate
Photographs: Live Smile Celebrate
Favors & Animal Cracker Boxes: Target

10 comments:

  1. Everything came out amazing! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU for all your hard work! Peter's party was incredible!!! The party guests were so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! How did you make the silo's?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dianne!
    I purchased sonotubes from Lowe's and spray painted them red. I then cut strips of cardstock and layered them on top to create the dome. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this want to do the same thing for my son's 2nd birthday! Where did you find the straw hats at? And is it stickers on the plates for the table setting?Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bridgette,

    Oriental trading- Straw hats
    Printable Set- Stockberry Studio on Etsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you use dessert plates or dinner plates?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also, did you print yourself or use an online service?

    ReplyDelete