Tips for Packing Lunches via Pottery Barn Kids.
Make It Nourishing
Aim for the Lunchbox Four: Key ingredients to include in every school lunch.
• A protein-rich food such as nuts or nut butters, sliced deli meats, fish, tofu or beans.
• A calcium source such as milk, cheese or yogurt.
• Both a fruit and a vegetable to help reach the daily goal of 3 to 5 servings.
• Whole grains such as whole wheat bread, pasta, couscous and brown rice for fiber and quick energy.
Make It Easy
• Plan ahead by stocking the pantry with easy, go-to lunch items: a well-stocked fruit bowl, cut up vegetables at the ready, wholesome snacks and plenty of sandwich fixings.
• Pack lunches and refrigerate them the night before so you're not rushing to put them together in the morning.
•Have assorted reusable containers on hand for speedy, eco-friendly packing
Make It Fun
•Let your little ones know how much you care by dropping in something special.
•A love note from mom, dad or little brother.
•A riddle or joke; they can share their answer with you after school.
•A couple of stickers.
•An occasional treat packaged in a small container