Monday, August 1, 2011

Pirate Party

I recently hosted a Pirate celebration for the annual girls & kids weekend my family holds. We always like to do something special for the kids! The setting was perfect. My parents live right on the lake, so the kids thought they were real pirates on the "Sea" and going on voyages {On the Paddle boat.. too cute} I used the dock to set up our food table. I used the printable collection from Anders Ruff, which I think is so cute. I covered the table with a black table cloth and topped it with netting from the dollar store. I created a big sail using fabric that match the printables. I added other items like Corks, Red Glass bottles and treasure to style the table. For food and drink, we had Pirates Beer {Root Beer}, Treasure maps {Fruit roll ups tied with twizzlers}, Cannon balls {whoppers}, Planks {Fudge cookies}, Catch of the Day {Swedish fish}, and two types of cupcakes. I had cupcakes with pirate toppers from Cookie Covers, as well as cupcakes I made with brown sugar and used the printable collection to make parasols.
I added a pennant banner to my large sail to give it something extra. The Cannon balls were a big hit with the kids. I also used the printables to cut out some of the pattern and dress up my sail boat. I also made sails to go on top of my rice crispy treats, which you can see my tutorial here.
The "Catch of the Day" was my favorite addition to the table.
How adorable are these fondant pirates? I ordered them from Cookie Covers on Etsy. I made the other cupcakes using chocolate frosting dipped in brown sugar and topped of with parasols I made and a chocolate gold coin.
To give the Root beer and extra touch, I added a cork to each of them and some of the pattern paper underneath the drink wrap.
For the seating area, I used a charger plate that I added some red and gold jewels to. I topped it with a red plate and name tag. The table had skeleton heads and coins for decorations.
The pirate goblets were a great find at the dollar store. I really liked how they looked with the table.
We used the dock as our "walk the plank."
The kids had a great time doing the scavenger hunt. It was a really fun activity for them.
A tent fit for Pirates only! Arghh! We also had an areas with sand and coins for the little ones to dig for treasure.
Lastly, some of the kids enjoying themselves throughout the weekend!

Credits:

Styling & Photography: Live Smile Celebrate
Printables: Anders Ruff
Pirate Cupcake Toppers: Cookie Covers on Etsy

4 comments:

  1. Super cute!! Love the sail!

    Michelle
    www.maddycakesmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you make the sail? Is it tied onto the wood? It looks fantastic and would love to replicate for a "pirate" birthday party that we have coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome party! I work with Jillian at Catch My Party and we post on Disney's Spoonful site regularly. We are going to do a Pirate party feature and I wondered if we could include a photo from this party? We will link back to you and give you photo credit. Please email me at michelle@catchmyparty.com if you are okay with that, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you someone who is willing to throw a birthday party of your child? Well, in this case, you can try to look forward to make this event a memorable one for your children. The best thing that you can do is to opt for pirate birthday party for your kids
    thanks
    kids pirate birthday party


    ReplyDelete